Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cafe Fleur de Lis

I was in New Orleans by myself for a few days at a conference, and ate at a few places while I was in town. The first session, on a Wednesday, started at 12:30. This gave me a chance to go to the Quarter to grab lunch. Now, there's this amazing little po'boy place near the Marriott. A couple colleagues and I went there several times when we were in New Orleans for ATHE (2007), but I couldn't find it for the life of me this time. I think it might have closed, since I walked a good deal of the area in which it should have been. Anyways, I ended up at Cafe Fleur de Lis on Chartres, which ended up being a great find. I ordered a ham-egg-cheese bagel, since breakfast is what they were known for, and it was only $6. It was quite good, although the bagel was a little dry and the sandwich as a whole was a bit greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment